Central Administration is headed by the Municipal Coordinating Director (MCD) and is responsible for ensuring the implementation of governmental policies, projects and programmes at the DAs level. The department guides policy formulation, planning and decision-making at the Assembly.
As part of its responsibilities, Central Administration acts as a liaison between Heads of other governmental and non-governmental agencies and the Municipal Chief Executive (MCE), it manages financial and other resources of the Assembly in consultation with the Municipal Chief Executive (MCE).
The Head of the Department serves as a Secretary to the Assembly and chairs the Municipal Planning and Coordinating Unit (MPCU) and acts as an advisor to the Municipal Chief Executive (MCE). The Department also ensures that the capabilities, skills and knowledge of staff are well developed.
1. The Central Administration Department as the Secretariat of the Municipal Assembly is responsible for the provision of support" services, effective and efficient general administration and organization of the District Assembly
2. The Department manages all sections of the assembly including:
- Logistics and Procurement
- Human Resource Management
3. The Department also coordinate the
- General Administrative Functions
- Development planning and management functions
- Budgeting Fuctions
- Rating Functions
- Statistics and Information generally, and
- Human Resource Planning and Development of the Districts